With the shift in focus from administrative managers to entrepreneurial managers in business education, the College of Business at KAIST has reorganized its curriculum of the MBA/MS programs to nurture entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial managers under an environment conducive to entrepreneurial activities. The MBA program has strengthened its commitment to entrepreneurship by introducing the Entrepreneurship and New Business Track, and offering a minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
The College of Business launched the world’s first Social Entrepreneurship MBA in 2012, and the program has been running successfully ever since. By combining this experience with KAIST’s excellence in science and engineering, the College delivers quality entrepreneurship education with the goal of producing talent to engage in innovative entrepreneurial activities and new businesses.
The objectives of entrepreneurship education at the College of Business are as follows:
- Nurturing of entrepreneurs and talent for new business divisions within companies
- Nurturing of startup investors and consultants
- Providing specialized education on managerial knowledge essential for launch and management of startups
- Creating an environment conducive to entrepreneurship, and establishing a startup-friendly culture
- Offering entrepreneurship education to create both economic and social value
- Laying a foundation for technology startups through partnership between KAIST’s Daejeon campus (technology) and Seoul campus (business)